2008-10-04

Choices

I discovered from Hawty McBloggy's that there's a FLAG (Fight Like A Girl) tournament on the 25th-26th of this month to raise money for Breast cancer and Cervical cancer. 10 bucks to enter each competition (there's a Free For All and a Teams competition), and although I'm tempted to play, I'd feel terrible for any team I end up on and make them lose (yeah, I'm convinced I'm that bad). On the other hand, it might be fun and the 10 bucks are for a good cause. I've always felt a bit bad about playing online and contributing to the loss by being easy pickings. I'll have to think about it, maybe.
On another note, I'll be flying tomorrow for my mini-vacation, but most of it will be spent doing notes of some kind and filling out the Bar application form. But at least I'll be away from this boring hellhole of a place.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I participate in all the charity tournaments I can and I have never once made it past the first round. I try to just have fun and usually succeed in that respect. :)

SnipingMizzy said...

Yeah, that's my mentality in the games I've played. And it's not like there's a prize for the winners, right? I just don't want to be the reason why I lose on team matches xD

Anonymous said...

I understand, and I'm the same exact way so I choose my teammates carefully to make sure their overall mentality matches my own. That way nobody gets upset when my performance is less than stellar. I did doubles last year and my teammate went back and watched the video and about died laughing when he saw I pretty much crouch walked and hid the entire time. LOL, ...

SnipingMizzy said...

*LOL* That strategy has worked many a time for me to at least get 3-4 more points before the opponent just got fed up and stuck me with a plasma grenade.
Unfortunately, I don't think I get that chance, since I think with the 4v4, some people who don't have teams will be randomly placed together.